Battery handling is necessary in your operation, however it presents several potential problems. Life/Safety issues, battery replacement costs and lift down time are among the reasons this area demands management attention. Battery equipment should have an inspection checklist and be on a PM Program.
Why do you need Battery Handling Equipment?
A battery transfer cart is used to remove a battery from the order picker and place it on a charging stand, wash station, etc. or to place the battery back into the order picker. Batteries are heavy, 2,000-3,000 pounds. Batteries are expensive, delicate and contain acid. For these reasons, the equipment used must be safe, stable and easily used.
Types of Battery Handling Equipment:
- Battery Transfer Carriage
- Automatic Transfer Carriage
- Battery Emergency Station
- Charger Wash Brackets
- Recirculation/Neutralization System
Advantages of Battery Handling Equipment:
- Safely transport batteries
- Easier to transport batteries
- More efficient way to transport batteries
- Faster transportation of batteries
Safety isn’t expensive, it’s priceless